The information presented in this course will help you to improve your communication skills both written and oral, your negotiating skills and conflict resolution abilities alongside co-workers and on the job site every day.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define a conflict
- Identify the stages of conflict
- Describe the importance of communication
- Apply assertiveness techniques to get a point across
- Deal with difficult people more effectively
- Recognize the criteria for an effective negotiator
- Describe how power can be used/abused in negotiation
- Identify when to close negotiations
What is a self-paced course?
NRCA’s self-paced courses allow you to decide when you want to learn, and how quickly you want to work through the material. Courses are divided into modules which may contain a combination of reading, video, slides with narration, or interactive exercises. Each module usually concludes with a short, multiple choice quiz.
The final test will also be multiple-choice, and if you don’t succeed on your first attempt, you can continue to re-take the test until you pass. Your course completion certificate will not be released until you successfully complete the final test.
This online course consists of 5 lessons of approximately 45 minutes duration each, for a total of about 4 hours of self-paced instruction. The 5 lessons you will work through in this course are as follows:
- Communicating Effectively
- Interpersonal Communications
- Conflict Resolution
- Exam/Final Test
Course content contains interactive elements, case studies, and practical examples. You will also have access to a search function, course glossary, and reference library.
Accessing your online course:
- Course access is not immediate. Please plan for up to 24-48 hours before you gain course access. Please contact us directly if you need to begin your course right away and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
- You will receive an email from our Education Coordinator within 24-48 hours with login information and instructions on how to access your course.
- If you have purchased your course on a weekend or holiday, we will email you your access information within 24-48 hours of the next regular business day.
Ticket Not Available? Click here
to add yourself to the waitlist. Please describe the ticket type you would like to purchase.