This course is intended to provide members of the construction industry with an understanding of construction law.
This course is designed to teach and familiarize owners, managers, supervisors and project managers with construction contracts and contract law, liabilities and responsibilities of all parties to a contract, compiling and submitting proper extras and claims, and ways and means for leaders to avoid conflict with contracts, owners, trades and labour.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the origins of law
- Understand what a contract is and what makes a contract valid or invalid
- Understand the roles in the construction industry as they apply to contract law
- Know the different types of construction contracts Interpret contracts
- Understand what a custom contract consists of
- Understand the principles of surety and the different types of bonds that are used
- Know what type of insurance is required in the construction industry
- Understand claims, the reasons for claims and the process of making a claim
- Know the acts and regulations that are relevant to the construction industry
This course is intended for people working in the construction industry who deal primarily in trade-to-trade and/or trade-to-customer situations.
The course duration is approximately 4 hours.
This course is available online in English and French.
ACCESSING YOUR COURSE ONLINE:
- Course access is not immediate. Please plan for up to 24-48 hours before you gain course access. Please contact us directly if you need to begin your course right away and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
- You will receive an email from our Education Coordinator within 24-48 hours with login information and instructions on how to access your course.
- If you have purchased your course on a weekend or holiday, we will email you your access information within 24-48 hours of the next regular business day.
Ticket Not Available? Click here
to add yourself to the waitlist. Please describe the ticket type you would like to purchase.