As an emerging technology, Building Information Modeling (BIM) is generating a lot of buzz in the construction industry. This course provides an overview of how this technology positively impacts the construction process.
As Building Information Modeling (BIM) is adopted by more and more companies in the construction industry, its usefulness has expanded beyond the original design phase activities. This course positions BIM in the context of all phases of construction, illustrating how to maximize BIM as a tool for the entire construction team. You will see how BIM fits into the construction workflow. It introduces the BIM philosophy in design, bidding, construction, commissioning, delivery and as-built stages of construction.
After completing this course, you will:
- Know what BIM is
- Understand the full potential of BIM technology Understand the philosophy behind BIM
- Be aware of how BIM can assist at all stages of a construction project
- Appreciate existing and potential new uses for BIM
- See the value of new technologies such as BIM
This course is intended for employers, management, supervisors, foremen, and tradespeople working in construction in any part of the country, in any sector (residential, industrial, commercial, institutional, pipeline, civil).
The course duration is approximately 2 hours.
This course is available online in English and French.
ACCESSING YOUR COURSE ONLINE:
- Course access is not immediate. Please plan for up to 24-48 hours before you gain course access. Please contact us directly if you need to begin your course right away and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
- You will receive an email from our Education Coordinator within 24-48 hours with login information and instructions on how to access your course.
- If you have purchased your course on a weekend or holiday, we will email you your access information within 24-48 hours of the next regular business day.
Ticket Not Available? Click here
to add yourself to the waitlist. Please describe the ticket type you would like to purchase.