Accurate and precise estimating is critical to the financial viability of a construction firm. This course provides an introduction to the field of construction estimating and covers all aspects of the production of an accurate estimate.
This training program will provide you with the knowledge and skills to visualize the scope and magnitude of a construction project and produce reliable estimates. This is accomplished by reviewing drawings through various phases of a project with the aim of determining the quantity and type of materials required for the project.
After completing this course, you will:
- Have a good understanding of estimating practices
- Know site-specific conditions and regulatory requirements
- Know how to handle the purchasing and logistics associated with materials on the job
- Know how to manage materials on site
- Organize cost data in a clear and logical manner
- Have the ability to keep historical information related to costs (including those associated with labor, material, overhead, equipment and availability of required items)
- Know how and when to update historical information related to costs
- Assemble bids and meet bid closure deadlines
- Provide on-site solutions to work-related problems in relation to equipment and material placement
This course is intended for people working in estimating or any individual who wants to become an estimator in any part of the country, in any sector (residential, industrial, commercial, institutional, pipeline, civil).
The course duration is approximately 4 hours.
This course is available online in English and French.
ACCESSING YOUR ONLINE COURSE:
- Course access is not immediate. Please plan for up to 24-48 hours before you gain course access. Please contact us directly if you need to begin your course right away and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
- You will receive an email from our Education Coordinator within 24-48 hours with login information and instructions on how to access your course.
- If you have purchased your course on a weekend or holiday, we will email you your access information within 24-48 hours of the next regular business day.
Ticket Not Available? Click here
to add yourself to the waitlist. Please describe the ticket type you would like to purchase.