Participants will learn how to read a set of civil construction blueprints, drawing specifications and general notes. Using various samples of civil blueprints, participants will gain experience and practical knowledge for their day-to-day work on construction projects.
Ideal for those who have little or no background in civil blueprint reading.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Have an elementary knowledge of civil blueprint reading as it relates to building construction projects
- Understand in general terms the design process and the role of design professionals
- Understand how Building Codes and Bylaws impact blueprints
- Understand specifications and the contractual hierarchy
- Be able to find trade information using blueprints
- Be able to answer basic construction questions related to the layout and installation of materials
- Be able to identify elementary problems or short comings of the blueprints you are using
- Be familiar with civil, architectural and structural drawings, and how they fit together
- Understand and be able to use architectural & metric scale rules
- Understand how to convert metric dimensions to architectural (imperial) dimensions
- Know what a floor plan, section, detail, profile and elevation are
- Understand symbols, notations, abbreviations and material schedules
- Be able to work with the drawings to obtain basic information on dimensions, finishes, details, area calc ulations, and the ability to do simple material-takeoffs
Course fee includes: All books and materials, lunch, certificate upon completion.
The course includes: One day (8 hours) of lessons with instructor. The course is eligible for 1 CCA Gold Seal education credits upon successful completion.
|8:00am - 8:30am
|8:30am - 4:30pm
****Register on or before Wednesday, June 7, 2017 to receive special pricing.****
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 14 business days prior to the course date will result in a full refund.
Cancellations received less than 14 business days but more than 7 full business days prior to the course date are subject to an administration fee of $100 for full and half-day seminars, or $25 for breakfasts sessions.
Registrants who do not show up for a course, and/or who do not notify the NRCA at least 7 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the course. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the course.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY NRCA:
NRCA may have to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, in which case NRCA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.
For member pricing, please Login before registering