Changes are an inevitable part of the construction process but if not managed well, change orders can cause unnecessary project disruptions and lead to cost increases and schedule delays. This course will provide participants with best practices for successfully navigating this complex project management challenge.
At the end of the course participants will be able:
- Identify changes from the original contract
- Document the changes
- Price changes fairly and realistically
- Present and negotiate changes collaboratively
- Understand the importance of early detection of change orders
- Negotiate delay claims caused by changes
- Understand the wording within commonly used contracts eg., CCDC 2 and CCA 1
- Develop a change order process for a construction company
- Issue a notice of dispute
- Proactively negotiating fair time and material rates at the bidding stage of a project.
|8:00am - 8:30am
|8:30am - 4:30pm
***Register on or before Wednesday, April 12th, 2017 to receive special pricing.****
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 14 business days prior to the course date will result in a full refund.
Cancellations received less than 14 business days but more than 7 full business days prior to the course date are subject to an administration fee of $100 for full and half-day seminars, or $25 for breakfasts sessions.
Registrants who do not show up for a course, and/or who do not notify the NRCA at least 7 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the course. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the course.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY NRCA:
NRCA may have to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, in which case NRCA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.
For member pricing, please Login before registering