Let’s work together. Procuring construction services in the public sector is a highly specialized practice requiring unique experience, knowledge, and skill. With contractors in demand, resources at a premium, and timelines tight, now more than ever procurement professionals hold the master key to successful project delivery.
NECI, one of the leading procurement experts and training organizations in BC’s industrial, commercial, and institutional construction industry, has developed the Infrastructure Masterclass curriculum in collaboration with BCCA and industry stakeholders to specifically to assist public owners in ensuring successful outcomes throughout their tendering processes.
This one-day, highly focused workshop reviews foundational best practices in procurement and highlights issues relevant to today’s unique construction market challenges.
- Foundations of competitive contracting law in Canada
- Unique public sector obligations
- Construction delivery options
- Leveraging market intelligence
- Role of bonding and sureties
- Procurement Methods
- Evaluation strategies
- Industry templates and resource
- Selecting Design Professionals
- Review public sector procurement obligations and processes
- Examine BC Government’s Capital Asset Management Framework construction as a best practice (and as required)
- Assess the risks and benefits of construction project delivery methods
- Explore collaboration strategies to enhance project success
- Practice identifying the most appropriate procurement process and project delivery method for typical public sector construction scenarios
- For a real project, design a procurement process including the project delivery method.
This workshop provides a uniquely tangible return on training dollars, measured by reduced risk of litigation and scope creep, achieved timelines, and more in-budget bids.
Ultimately, public owners whose contract opportunities are distinguished by professional well-structured procurement processes and project outcomes will achieve a reputation as owners of choice, attracting the most bids and the best contractors to their infrastructure projects. This directly translates to demonstrable value for money, and aligns with public sector obligations for fair, open and transparent procurement practices.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The Public Owner Infrastructure Masterclass is for public sector employees at the local, regional, and provincial level who play a direct or indirect role in managing the procurement process for construction projects, regardless of experience level.
Separate sessions will be scheduled for contractors, based on demand.