Who should take this course?
Planning for Foremen is designed for foremen of all levels of experience and all trades. It also serves as a good back-to-basics refresher for superintendents.
What will attendees learn?
Strengthen your skill (and value to your company) by gaining a strong foundation in practical task planning. Working with hands-on, practical exercises, you will practice working through the various elements needed to put together a complete activity plan for your crew. Course topics include calculating manpower needs, determining material and equipment needs, building quality and safety into your plan and much more!
By the end of the course, you'll will be able to:
- Identify the benefits of planning and why we do it
- Understand what planning is, who should do it, what we should plan and when
- Follow the Planning Cycle of Plan, Do, Check, Act
- Know where to gather the information needed to put together a solid plan
- Plan task activities for their crew including:
- Safety considerations
- Quality controls
- Manpower needs
- Material needs
- Equipment needs
- Working with other trades
- Build a 2-week lookahead schedule
- Monitor and correct/ update the plan if it goes off track
- Communicate the plan to others
- Use the take-away course templates to develop their own work plans and 2-week lookahead
- Gather useful historical information to improve their future planning.
In-class, 7.5-hour session featuring instructor presentation, interactive class discussions, and practical, hands-on group exercises.
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 14 business days prior to the course date will result in a full refund.
Cancellations received less than 14 business days but more than 7 full business days prior to the course date are subject to an administration fee of $100 for full and half-day seminars, or $25 for breakfasts sessions.
Registrants who do not show up for a course, and/or who do not notify the NRCA at least 7 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the course. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the course.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY NRCA:
NRCA may have to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, in which case NRCA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.
For member pricing, please Login before registering