Participants will learn skills and knowledge to estimate construction projects and prepare a successful bid. The course is designed for construction estimators and those with experience in construction that desire to be estimators or improve their knowledge of estimating. At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Analyze projects and decide on which ones to bid
- Understand risk analysis and how to price this into a bid
- Do competitor analysis and understand how this impacts the bid
- Do client risk analysis and how to price this into bids
- Record material and other prices and maintain contact lists
- Formulate a bid strategy
- Understand how to prepare an estimate and the estimating process
- Use Construction Division Codes
- Understand how to present a bid
- Be familiar with how to use the bid depository
- Understand the requirements for bonding and insurance
- Understand the post-bidding process
- Work with project managers to pass on knowledge of the bid
Topics to be covered:
- Project analysis
- Risk analysis
- Competitor analysis
- Client risk analysis
- Record keeping
- Bid strategies
- Preparing estimates and the estimating process
- Construction Division Codes
- Presenting bids
- Bid depository
- Bonding and insurance
- Post-bidding process
Two days (16 hours) of lessons with instructors plus an online portion involving research, reading and answering questions (7-8 hours) that will be marked by the instructors.
|8:30am - 8:45am
|8:45am - 4:30pm
Workshop Day 1
|8:30am - 8:45am
|8:30am - 4:30pm
Workshop Day 2
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 14 business days prior to the course date will result in a full refund.
Cancellations received less than 14 business days but more than 7 full business days prior to the course date are subject to an administration fee of $100 for full and half-day seminars, or $25 for breakfasts sessions.
Registrants who do not show up for a course, and/or who do not notify the NRCA at least 7 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the course. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the course.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY NRCA:
NRCA may have to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, in which case NRCA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.
For member pricing, please Login before registering