Who should take this course?
This course is designed for people who are responsible for health and safety in their organizations.
What will you learn?
During this two-day course, you will learn leading-edge practices in health and safety and be provided with practical tools you can take back to the workplace and implement immediately.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Build health and safety into your everyday planning, create and promote a safe work environment, and help make a lasting contribution to the reduction of incidents in the industry.
- Conduct effective safety inspections by knowing: what to look for, how to interpret what you see, and how to document the conditions you find.
- Correct hazards and use strategies to resist pressures to compromise safety standards.
- Understand when to investigate an incident and what steps to follow including: what kinds of information to gather, how to interview people effectively, and what conclusions to present in investigation final reports.
- Understand what the expectations are for training delivery in the construction industry.
- Identify the elements of a good training program and what the program should accomplish.
- Know how to design and present effective training sessions.
Leadership for Safety Excellence is a BC Construction Safety Alliance (BCCSA) course hosted at the NRCA Training Room.
Registration for this course is through the BCCSA - the registration link below will take you to the BCCSA registration page.