*March 16 Update – Cancellation in response to public health directives*
In response to the evolving situation with the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have cancelled all NRCA courses and training events effective March 16, until the end of April. We will be continuing to monitor the public health recommendations moving forward, and it is possible we may have to make further cancellation decisions in the weeks ahead.
For information and updates about BCCSA courses, please contact BCCSA at 604-636-3676.
Thank you for your support with NRCA’s programming, and for your ongoing patience as we navigate this evolving situation.
Who should take this course?
This course is designed for people who are responsible for providing WHMIS training in their organizations and/or are responsible for establishing and maintaining their company’s WHMIS program.
What will you learn? Train
In this one-day course, you will learn about the key changes that have been implemented with the new WHMIS 2015 program, as well as the three main elements of WHMIS (labels, safety data sheets, and education and training programs). This course also covers the responsibilities that suppliers, employers, and workers have when hazardous materials are used in the workplace. You will also gain useful information about the kinds of hazards and chemical characteristics that apply to products covered by WHMIS.
Course Topics Include:
- Relevant legislation (GHS changes)
- Worker training (strategies to develop and incorporate site-specific training)
- Classification of hazardous products (hazard groups, classes, and categories)
- Communication media (SDS, labels)
- Communication elements (signal words, hazard and precautionary statements, pictograms
Course Format and Certification:
- This course has a written exam component. Participants must achieve a minimum score of 80% for course certification.
- Certification allows the trainer to conduct Generic WHMIS training using BCCSA and WorkSafeBC materials.
Additional site-specific training will be required to achieve legislative compliance.
- Recertification is required every three years.
WHMIS 2015: Train the Trainer is a BC Construction Safety Alliance (BCCSA) course hosted at the NRCA Training Room.
Registration for this course is through the BCCSA - the registration link below will take you to the BCCSA registration page.